Pages

26 August 2011

New Things

I was reminded that I haven't updated since our AC was out.  Since then, the AC has been fixed, we've been staying every night in our apartment and we even got CURTAINS!  It is super exciting.  We still don't have any furniture, but that's ok.  It will come.

Evan started classes yesterday, and he said he liked it!  He is also working for the department as a graduate assistant, mostly making copies and shredding papers for now.  He will get to teach a few times (yay!) and he is looking forward to that.  Evan also wants to get into some research with another professor, so overall looking to be extra busy this semester.  I think he is just overjoyed to be back in school and not working part-time in a position where his day was dictated by the mood of the 14-year-old he was assigned to.

I have been just working with my family.  They get cuter every day.  Tonight is the birthday party of the second child.  She is now officially 8 years old.  And full of the diva attitude.  So I will be attending as designated ice skating adult.  Mom cannot skate, dad is out of town and girl #3 (who is just shy of three years old) is fearless and ready to run across the ice.  So I get to be catcher.  YEEHAW! I think it will be great fun.

We are settling into the area nicely, starting to make friends, and regular appearances at events.  It is wonderful to finally beginning to feel like we are home.

No comments: