Pages

04 August 2012

Shopping Carts

One of my biggest pet peeves is when shopping carts are left all over the parking lot.  The closer we are to the 'Cart Corral' to more annoyed I get.  So imagine how I felt when I left Target and saw this:

That would be my car, across from the corral, with a cart behind me.  This isn't even just the annoying cart left next to me.  It was resting on my bumper!  Bah.  Anyhow...

One day I went to Kroger.  I typically park near a corral so I don't have to walk too far (cause I'm lazy like that).  I will put my purse in the front seat, load groceries into the car, put the cart away, then leave. This particular day, I found a spot really close to the entrance.  When I finished loading my groceries I decided it was closer to the store than the nearest corral.  I started toward the store then remembered my purse - and car keys - were sitting right on the front seat.  Not a good idea.  So I thought, well I'll just jog to the car and grab my keys.  Except the cart started to roll away as soon as I let go.  I was stuck between pushing the cart back to the car, and trying to make it stay while I grabbed my keys.  Just then another lady walked by and offered to take it in.  This was very sweet of her, and extremely helpful.
And I felt like a complete jerk.  I was convinced this nice lady thought I was going ot abandon the cart right there in the bushes.  I had to call Evan and tell him the whole story.  I felt so guilty, even though my intention was never to leave the cart.

Some of you may be wondering what the point to all of this was.  There isn't one.  I just found this picture and wanted to share it.  Then I remembered the time at Kroger I felt guilty.

Annnnnnd... The End.

No comments: