Pages

02 November 2012

Razorbacks, Wampus Cats, and Bears, OH MY!

We were headed to a football game at UCA, but Evan did not own a purple shirt.  I got my UCA shirt at the consignment store when we first moved here.  I just found it by chance and it was $2 and I figured it would be handy.  Before the game we went to Wal-Mart for some errands, and hoped to find a UCA shirt while there.  We have seen them there.  Football is very important in Arkansas.

Well, there were no UCA shirts.  So we tried just a purple shirt.  Not so much.  There were however plenty of Razorback shirts (University of Arkansas) and Wampus Cats apparel (Conway High).

What?  You don't know what a Wampus Cat is?  What rock have you been hiding under? Obviously not the Arkansan rock...



A Wampus Cat is a six legged cougar looking animal.  "Four to run at the speed of light, two to fight with all its might."  Yes.

We did find one purple shirt on the bottom of a display near the front.  I pulled it out and started laughing.  As it was the only purple shirt in the building, and Evan was feeling school spirit that day we went ahead and bought it.


I asked Evan to pose like the monkey on his shirt.

Yes, the monkey's necklace says, "I work out"

Yes, I've had that song stuck in my head since the game.  A month ago.



Before the game


At the game.  


You know, I still don't regret buying that shirt.  Every time I see it I laugh.  Laughing is good for the body and the sunshine is good for your teeth.  Or so says Bob Robbins.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't been to your blog in forever, and this post made me wonder how in the world I could have let that happen--you two are awesome. I love the shirt. Love you guys. Hope you're doing well!