Pages

13 April 2010

Cheesecake sees the capital!

Friday night Evan and I headed up to DC to meet his family so we could have an early morning temple trip. We for sure were not going to mess up tradition so we picked up our cheesecake before we left and took it with us. White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake. A mouthful to say AND eat :)

Unfortunately, my title is deceiving and the cheesecake didn't even make it to I-95. It was however, delicious. It had some very subtle flavors with a wonderfully chewy gooey crust and caramel all over. I would recommend this to many people, but it is still not my favorite. I am worried that no other cheesecake will ever make me hyperventilate the way my beloved Dulce de Leche did. I will still love all cheesecakes for their special qualities though.

The temple was beautiful. Evan and his parents did a session while Abby and I did baptisms. And boy was it a struggle to get in! After many phone calls to verify that I do in fact have a recommend and that I really did just leave it at home, we went inside and got to do wonderful work. I love the temple and I am so excited to go back so soon!!

After that, we went to the zoo and walked around for hours admiring the animals in their cages. On the way home we stopped at Lonestar Steakhouse for dinner. I have some things to say about that place:
#1- I was sure this would be the only time Evan and I would go together because there is no way we can afford a steakhouse dinner!
#2- That was not true
#3- Their food is delicious and generously portioned
#4- You can get an appetizer, two entrees and four sides for $20.
#5- We found a new date restaurant!

No comments: