Pages

01 April 2010

For ten years from now

Dear Future Evan and Sarah:

I really hope you have overcome that nasty habit of procrastinating. Remember when you had less than two months until your wedding and still hadn't... Had the dress altered? Tux ordered? Flowers ordered? Picked out wedding bands? Invitations printed? Attire for the attendants? And countless other things?

I'm sure all those things worked themselves out and your wedding was beautiful. Because the most important thing is the marriage, not the wedding. So really, more important than anything else, I hope you are still madly in love :)

In talking to other brides, I have come to realize that things have happened very easily for us. We didn't have to search for a ceremony venue, the temple is open everyday, all day, waiting for appointments. No problems there.

Evan's mom took on booking the reception site, and found it quickly (THANK YOU!).

I waited pretty late to look at dresses so I could do it with my mom, and we found one. In my price range. On my first visit. And even though they typically don't sell dresses off the rack (unless they are discontinued), they sold this one to me so I could have it instead of risking not getting it until the day of the wedding and not doing any alterations.

My mom helped me pick out flowers and do a mock up of my bouquet. it took us ten minutes and I love every piece of it.

We have been so blessed with the entire process, and I can only hope it goes this smoothly for the next two months! We have a lot to do, but we have not lost site of what is important and I think that has been the most helpful thing. Our marriage, being sealed to each other for eternity is the most important part of this. The reception is a celebration of our union, and all the details are there to make it look nice and be fun for ourselves and our guests. But the marriage is forever, the wedding day is only one day.

No comments: