Pages

02 May 2010

A Frantic Journey to Cheesecake

I had to travel home for my grandmother's funeral and was gone for two days (it was a teary trip, but we all know she is much happier in her perfect body). This meant Cheesecake Friday became Cheesecake Saturday. And Cheesecake Saturday was filled to the brim! I landed in RIC at 9am, then rushed to Evan's house to change and clean up, then off to a bridal shower at 10! I wasn't even late, which was awesome!! Then I went and got some wedding stuff done, including looking at wedding bands. unfortunately Evan was sick with a terrible cold so he couldn't come. However, I managed to coax him out with chicken noodle soup and Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. Then I drug him back to the jeweler's to look at rings and get his size. It was a full Saturday for sure.

Anyhow, on to the review!

Vanilla Bean Cheesecake.

Usually, I avoid vanilla flavor at all costs. It is kind of like eating white bread for me. Plain, boring, lacking. However, this was a great combination. It made the cheesecake a little lighter, both in texture and taste. I thoroughly enjoyed it as did Evan and Mom.

One thing I am getting from this adventure through the list of cheesecakes (besides a calorie overload every weekend) is the bravery to choose things I would not normally choose. Flavors I find boring, or plain, or too outrageous are now on my list of must haves.

So, I am more exhausted than normal. I think it is time I turn away from the computer and toward getting ready for finals week!

Good luck to all of you studying out there!

No comments: