Pages

07 February 2011

Busy Andersons

Somehow we always manage to fill our weekends.  And our week days.  No rest for the... wickedly cute?

Anyhow, cute kid in my class today.  He is Indian (both parents form India), and I believe bilingual.  At the very least his parents are.  Last week we picked up on him saying "walentine" instead of "valentine" and my teacher mentioned that she didn't think there was a /v/ sound in Hindi.

Fast forward to today.

V was the letter of the week.  My teacher finished reading her V book about Vam Vampire.  She was asking questions to get the kids to remember different V words.  She asked, "What's that jar we keep flowers in?"  Cute Indian kid said "a wase."  Teacher said "yes.  a Vase. say /v/" and he did.

20 minutes later...

The kids do a handwriting sheet with each new letter.  They get it checked, then they can color it.  Well, cute Indian kid raised his hand and said- cute as could be- "Mrs. Anderson, I finished my wee's!"  I couldn't help giggling.   We practiced the /v/ sound some more.  He just has the cutest voice to begin with, and dimples, so it makes it all the funnier.

Just another story from my adventures in students teaching!

No comments: