Pages

28 January 2011

Wash Wash Wash your hands...

I've been fighting a cold for the last week, and being in a room full of kindergartners hasn't made it any easier to keep off.  Then Wednesday night, after I made a delightful dinner, I went to bed early to continue the good fight.  About when Evan came in, and I was halfway between sleep and awake, I noticed my stomach was hurting.  I thought, "Meh, just upset from being sick and eating too much at dinner." Well, come 12:30 am, I was proven very, very wrong.

After three bouts of being proven wrong, and Poor Husband following me around with a glass of water, we decided it must be food poisoning.  Though we couldn't figure out why I was so sick and he was so not.  I set my alarm for 7 (thank goodness we had a two hour delay the next morning) and called my teacher first thing.

She called me at the same time to tell me she was looking for a sub.  When I told her I was calling for the same reason, she started apologizing.  Apparently, that is the same thing her mother had Tuesday when she left early.  After checking in with her yesterday and deciding another day off was in order, I found out three of our students and one of the other kindy teachers was out sick as well.  Apparently it is highly contagious and fast acting.

By some miracle, Evan hasn't shown any signs of it yet. THANK GOODNESS.  I slept on the couch last night just in case, but also so I could watch TV at any hour I was awake. I haven't touched anything besides my tissues, cup and plate I keep next to me.  We are trying so hard for him to not get sick.

Lesson learned?  Don't ever skip an opportunity to wash your hands.

No comments: