Pages

25 July 2014

Dopplegangers

For this post, I have to tell to seemingly unrelated stories then bring them together.  Bare with me.

Recently, my body has decided it doesn't want to sleep.  This has not been an issue in the past, but apparently it comes with being pregnant.  Yay!  So to help, I've been putting in a movie to get to sleep. Last weekend I watched Ever After.  I was letting it run while I got ready one morning and it came to the scene where Danielle is at the market and Pierre Le Pieu comes to talk to them.


A few months ago, I found out I was pregnant.  This meant I needed to find an OB.  We weren't telling anyone yet, so I wasn't sure who to ask for a recommendation and I didn't really know how to go about looking.  Evan has been doing his practicum at a pediatrician's office, so he asked the nurses for some recommendations.  He is so good to me :)  He came back with three names.  I googled them and tried to make a decision.  Two were female doctors and one was a male.  The two women work at Conway Regional (the hospital system here), the guy works at his own practice down the street.  As far as google reviews, the guy had the best.  A 4.9 / 5 on healthgrades with raves from patients on every site I checked.  The thing was, something about his picture just didn't sit right.


The best reason I could come up with was, "He's bald."  Evan said that wasn't a good enough reason to disregard the many great reviews.  So, I made an appointment with him.  I ended up really liking him.  He's the only doctor I see, he runs my whole appointment (with the exception of getting my weight and blood pressure), if I have an urgent question after hours he is the doctor I get transferred to, rather than the on-call doctor at the hospital.  He swears he'll be there through my labor and delivery, even though my due date is Christmas day (I totally wouldn't hold it against a doctor for not being available on Christmas day, or Christmas Eve, but he has assured me over and over).  So I have gotten over the bald part.

Back to watching Ever After.  So I was watching the scene in the market, and Le Pieu smiles at Danielle.  I had to rewind it. And pause it.  I immediately pulled up a picture of Dr. Wood and ran to show Evan.  


THAT is what his picture reminded me of!  Luckily, I met him (the doctor) and came to like him as my doctor before I made this comparison.  I'm not sure I could have followed through with the appointment otherwise!  The more I look at it, the more the comparison fades, but for that one day, it was like looking at twins.


The adventures in pregnancy continue!


No comments: