Pages

20 March 2010

Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake

Yes, even while 3,000 miles from home, we stuck with our tradition of eating one slice of cheesecake on friday night. And oh the adventure it was!

First off, I had never been to the cheesecake factory out here so I had to look it up. It didn't look too bad, only about 20 minutes away. So off we set! And as we are driving we begin to remember it is Friday afternoon. And I remember what traffic looks like coming out of Portland in the afternoon... so we know it will take much longer to get home than to get there.

We take a series of highways and freeways and finally get off in the Tigard area. We start driving on another highway, looking for our next turn. Oh mapquest, why are you so wrong sometimes! We could see The Cheesecake Factory, but we just could not get to it. FInally after some fancy maneuvering and many wrong turns, we made it. We spent a few good minutes walking around Washington Square Mall, and then headed home with cheesecake in our hands.
And on the joy of standstill traffic! It was just lovely. And then I thought to myself, Hey, maybe if I go this way I can get over the river faster and just go home that way! Smart right? WRONG. We just took a long loop around. It took about the same amount of time as just sitting in traffic. Except we drove through some crazy small town. Then, we got spit out right back on the crowded freeway. Oh well!

We finally made it home three hours after setting out on our journey. Evan threatened to not share the cheesecake. he thought I deserved punishment for my bad sense of direction. Lucky for me, he changed his mind after dinner :)

And we feasted on a beautiful slice of cheesecake infused with carrot cake. It was splendid! Still not on my favorites list, but pretty darn good! The carrot cake was much stronger than the cheesecake, so it mostly tasted like carrot cake. I love carrot cake though, so it was all good with me!

No comments: