Pages

16 March 2010

Not quite cheesecake Friday

Okay, cheesecake #8 (is that where I am now?) was not actually cheesecake. It was sitting next to the cheesecakes and looked delicious, but it was not cheesecake. Am I disappointed? No. We agreed to the entire dessert menu so we would have eaten it anyway at some point. AND. It was delicious.

Friday night we were joined by some friends. We met up, had dinner at Vietnam 1 (delicious) then snuck some cheesecake into the Byrd and watched Up in the Air. The lemincello cream torte (not cheesecake) made the movie much more enjoyable. The movie was fine on its own, but the cake was even better.

menu_Lemon_Cream_Torte.jpg


We pulled it out shortly after the previews started and I took a bite and thought, "Mmmm.". Then I took another and thought, "Oh yum." Then Evan took a bite. Then I took a third bite, realizing I still hadn't hit cheesecake. WHOOPS. Still worth it. I thoroughly enjoy lemon flavored cakes and this one was exceptional. About on the same level as that Olive Garden one that I like but will only remember with the menu in front of me.

In two days I am taking Evan to meet my family. EXCITING! We will be flying into Seattle, then taking the train down to the 'Couve where we will be greeted by food (hopefully). And hugs (more likely). I am really happy I get to take Evan to my hometown and show him around and let him meet everyone!

No comments: