Pages

16 July 2010

Oh storm

End of the work day went like this
(conversation over walkie talkie, so add in static)
J: Anyone checked the forecast lately? It's gettin kinda dark
E: I'll check ... (five minutes later) big storm coming but the radar says it will go around us
--30 minutes later--
P: It's kinda scary out here
*thunder*
E: Ok! Everyone inside!
A: E, do you actually see anything? Cause all I see is blue skies. let's keep everyone outside for a little while.
E: ookkk...
*thunder*
E: A, that was more thunder and now the pool is closed.
A: I think we're ok, I'll check the forecast in a minute
E: Are we not following the 'where there's thunder there's lightning rule?' Cause they closed the pool already.
A: I just don't see anything. It looks clear down here
E: Ok, well outside we can see the storm moving in.
*thunder*
K: Ok, start moving inside.
--now imagine 100 kids and 20 staff walking across a soccer field all at once--
E: Blue skies? What eyes is she using?
M: It looks clear to me?
E: Take your sunglasses off!
--everyone finally gets inside, 5 minutes pass and the rain starts--
D: (looking out the window depressed) Oh...
S: hm?
D: I left my windows down...
S: You should go roll them up
--Poor D had to run across the parking lot as the storm continued to get worse--


In better news- I finally got my cheesecake. Tiramisu cheesecake to be exact. And it was delightful. :)

No comments: