Pages

22 August 2010

Dry Season

In Virginia, it is not currently the dry season - weather wise.  However, it has been weeks since we had cheesecake.  Why, you might ask?  I really couldn't tell you.  Usually there is something more exciting we plan on doing.  But no matter the reason, it must stop!  We will never finish our cheesecake list at this rate.  Especially if they keep adding on new ones!

However, our weekend was wonderful.  I was pretty busy all week, and home later than usual, and more tired than usual, so it was nice to have a relaxing and fun weekend.

On Wednesday was the annual Camp Saponi Banquet, where counselors are awarded superlatives voted on by the staff.  I came home with three:
 * Most Patient (I was given kudos for working well with both the historically most troublesome group and also for being buddy counselors with someone brand new to the field, who also had some odd quirks that made the work day a little more stressful than necessary)
* Most Likely to Murder a Coworker (again because of the aforementioned buddy counselor, and our not really getting along)
* Rookie of the Year (Even though I have been in child care longer than most of the staff, it was my first year at this particular summer camp, so they said it counts.  Plus the comments weren't really about being a first timer, more about being new to the group and excelling as 80% of the staff have been there for multiple summers.)

I would say I can be proud of that.

Friday night Evan and I planned on seeing The Karate Kid at the Byrd.  However, we needed to eat first, which meant going to the grocery store, and unfortunately Evan's debit card chose that day to stop working so I had to drive home and get mine which put us way too late to make it to the movie.  So we watched Batman Returns instead and I crawled into bed embarrassingly early.

Saturday I worked on cleaning the kitchen (a problem area in our apartment) and FINALLY moving the desk and computer we've been talking about.  I did this while Evan was playing tennis.  I tend to be more motivated if I start early and keep going til I'm done.  Unfortunately I didn't finish because I took our laundry to the Padres house after Abby offered to wash it for us in exchange for paying for her movie ticket.  SCORE!  (Thanks Abby!) So I only got about 90% done.  Oh well, one more week to get it before the semester starts.
That night we went to see The Karate Kid with some friends from our ward (slowly we are making friends with other married people) and let me say, it was amazing.  Not only was the movie good, but the crowd was awesome.  Everyone was so dedicated to the story they all cheered at the end as if they were actually part of it.  Those types of crowds make the movie going experience worth it.

Finally Sunday, the day of rest came where we enjoyed church, two dinners, and a game night.  I only hope the following week goes just as well!  We start class on Thursday so we can only hope!

No comments: