Pages

28 August 2010

Three whole months!

Obviously (read with sarcasm), the first three months are the hardest part of marriage and everything else will be pie (or cheesecake rather), so we celebrated with a day out.  It started with Evan skipping his weekly 7 am tennis game to fulfill my fantasy of sleeping in on a Saturday and having breakfast together.  I made pancakes and eggs and it was wonderful. 

Side Note:  I LOVE my electric skillet.  I can make 6 pancakes at a time with no burning and very little mess. Everyone should have one.


We then took further advantage of our Netflix account and wached Forrest Gump.  I remember disliking that movie as a child, but as an adult I enjoyed it.  I was surprised how hard it was for me to pull myself away to finish the dishes and necessary morning grooming.

This afternoon we went to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts with new (Married!) friends.  There was some interesting stuff in there.  Definitely something for everyone.  For those that enjoy the more realistic two-dimensional pieces, go on over to the European artwork, or antebellum artwork.  While in those rooms you can also find furniture and silver tableware.  Want to see some older, more cultural artwork?  Go take a look at the pre-colombian artwork or the Himalayan artwork.  And of course there is the third floor which houses the modern art.  Overall, a good experience, but we were starved so made a pit stop at Cici's before heading off to our own houses for nap time. 

This evening we got to host a game night (our house, their games) so we finally had a reason to finish cleaning up the mess from rearranging our furniture.  And I will say- it looks pretty good.  As much as neither of us like this apartment, we make do with what we have. 

And of course, we finished our three month mini anniversary with Evan reading my blog post over my shoulder and giving 'helpful' ideas on how to better express myself.   He is aware now that he is allowed to write, so be prepared for the "more flamboyant" one.  His words, not mine.

No comments: