Pages

13 August 2010

Forgetting Cheesecake...

I cannot for the life of me remember whether or not we had cheesecake two weeks ago... I really wish I could.  I remember eating the Tiramisu cheesecake, and I remember last week's - Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cake Cheesecake (or something like that), but I can't remember in between.  Oh well I suppose.

Last week's cheesecake was amazing.  I do not enjoy peanut butter with my chocolate, and especially not in my cheesecake, but this one was absolutely enjoyable.  Cheesecake with Peanut Butter cups swirled in (similar to Adam's Peanut Butter cup), then a layer of peanut butter icing, then a layer of chocolate cake.  Then everything again with icing on top.  The Peanut Butter part was subtle so it didn't bother me at all.

Another one to add to the 'Definitely Recommend' list.

On Saturday I went to the DMV to try and find my driver's license I applied for over a month ago and never received.  It was mailed back to them and so I had to re-apply.  This of course cause me to be all sorts of angry, because why couldn't they have called to tell me it was sent back to them?  I don't know.  Apparently they are too busy for that or something.  What really got me though was that the supervisor lady came over and said, "Ohhh, that was over 30 days ago (barely).  10 dollars.  New Card." and walked away.  She didn't even look at me.  And I was already angry I had to be there, on a Saturday, waiting for an hour to even get to the window.  So I went home angrily and threw a fit while cleaning out the refrigerator.  Poor Evan came home and walked right into it.  I was still abotu 30 minutes away from being completely cooled off.  Good husband he is though took a shower and treated me to some new skirts. :)

I have been learning to deal with wearing the same two skirts every week, simply because I had to stop wearing most of my (Sunday) clothes due to length issues.   However, we never really have the time, or resources, to go out and replenish my wardrobe.  Which is fine, I have two skirts that go with about everything, so I was doing ok.  Well, Saturday evening was Elizabeth's farewell BBQ so we had planned on going to Goodwill to find some clothes to win the costume contest.  (It was BYU themed, best BYU outfit won a prize).  We got there, found some White and Blue attire that was almost exactly what we imagined, and were well pleased.  Evan then added that I should look through the skirts and see if I liked any of them for myself.  And guess what?  I did.  I found about 5 of them actually, not one over $5.  Never in my life did I expect to walk into a Goodwill and see clothes that not only looked new, but I would want to wear.

Guess I had to get off my high horse at some point.

Now for the pictures!


                                                    We went as a BYU Couple.






And wouldn't ya know, we won the costume contest!  GO TEAM EVRAH!

There was also a Wii dance competition, and I have a lovely video of the parents gettin jiggy, but it will have to come later as my computer seems to be acting up. 

Until  next time!

No comments: