Pages

20 September 2010

I won!

The purple ribbon!  It says MVP, so I'm not really sure what that means... but out of like 40 desserts, there were only 6 or 7 ribbons, so I'm pretty proud.




Tonight, Evan and I were in charge of desserts for FHE (we have an ongoing rotation with some other couples).  Being that I was home all morning and have been itching to try out another decorating idea (I have this really fun book with a bunch of different fun cupcake decorating ideas.  I made an april fools cupcake platter a couple months ago... it was awesome... see below) I decided to take on one that looked simple enough.

In reality, it wasn't hard.  The icing just got too soft in my hands so it didn't always hold its shape.  For next time- two bags so I can have one in the fridge and one in my hand.  This was pretty easy though, just green icing, then oreo's, and yellow & orange icing for petals.  The ladybug is an m&m with 'black' (black food dye isn't easily accessible so I made a dark purple) icing.  I was pretty proud of myself!



Here's the first idea I took out of the book:


Cupcakes made to look like a tv dinner!
Drumsticks:  Cupcake, mini cinnamon roll on top, frosted and rolled in crushed cornflakes
Mashed potatoes with butter and gravy:  vanilla icing, yellow starburst, caramel sauce
Peas & carrots: green sixlets and orange starburst pieces
Chocolate pudding: chocolate icing and sprinkles


I'm 2 for 2 now in my baking contests, it will be disappointing to ever walk away from one without a ribbon.  I've been spoiled.

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

I remember the TV dinner cupcakes! They were awesome!