Pages

03 November 2010

My Smartie Husband and further domestications

Evan informed me last night that his professor wants him to put more work into the research project she's been leading, and that his name will be put on the finished project :)  This is a big deal.  It doesn't happen often for undergrad psychology students to be published with their professors.  Apparently, they do a lot of grunt work, and get to mention it on a resume and that's the end of it.  Not my smartie though.


On a completely different note.

Saturday for our ward activity, part of it was a chili cook off.  I've never made chili.  So I signed up to bring cornbread instead.  I looked up a recipe and found one that looked doable.  However, it said it only made enough for 12.  In my opinion, that isn't enough to take to a large potluck type function.  I really spent too much time in a ward where only half the people contributed and everyone ate (don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the single's ward and cooking once a month for the masses, I just didn't adjust my thinking when I moved into a family ward).

So, I doubled the recipe.

BIG MISTAKE.

I ended up with two 3-QT and one 2-QT baking dishes full of cornbread.  Which theoretically left me with a big dish and a small dish.  However, some over achiever that got there before me made enough cornbread for half the ward, and by the time I got there, there wasn't even space on the table for my dish.  And none of it was eaten.

So it all came home.

And Evan is not a cornbread fan.

We managed to eat half of one dish over the last four days, but I knew it just wasn't going to be eaten.  So I did some googling, and found a recipe for cornbread pudding.

Who knew?

So pretty much, cornbread soaked in milk, sugar, butter, and eggs, then topped with more cornbread butter and cinnamon/sugar.  Then baked.  I predict a gooey sugary goodness.  Or a mess that ends up in the trash.  It smells great though. I'll review it at a later time, after it has been tested.

No comments: