Pages

01 November 2010

October happenings

Even amongst the craziness that is GRE/application preparation, we managed to have some fun this month.

We finally celebrated our second annual Totfest.  The first annual Totfest began because I was feeling devoid of Evan-nage in my life and I wanted a reason to hang out.  When I suggested a hangout session he said, "Sure, to do what?"  I was caught off guard so I texted back the first thing that popped into my head- "tots."  Fortunately, Evan and I were soul mates so he was right there with me- and totally excited to do it.  So we cooked up some tots and experimented with a few different types of dipping sauce choices.

This year we added hot wings to the menu.  And boy howdy was it delicious!  A dish full of hot wings, a bowl of tots, a multitude of sauces and the smell of fried oil in our apartment for the entire next week.  It was a wonderful day.

 Our spread- from left to right: salsa, Sweet Baby Ray's, honey mustard, (celery- for clearing the system after), ranch, chocolate sauce, guacamole.














Evan is excited for totfest!






















We look forward to this time each year, and hope our bodies don't get too upset by the amount of bad stuff we put into it!












We also got to have some Halloween fun.  First on Friday I dressed up for work.  We threw the kids a little Halloween party and let them dress up and play games and gave out candy.  It was pretty fun for all of us.  The counselor's agreed to go as 80's people, but only two of us remembered, so the other two went as Referees (one of them happens to be a ref and had the uniforms in her car.)

 Notice the totfest sign is still up.  I was proud I was able to pull this together form things around the house, and also of my hair.
Seriously, it just came to me.  The kids thought it was great and I was pleased with my handy work as well.

Saturday night, Evan and I went to our ward party.  Evan has wanted to dress up as ACDC for forever, which sounds good in theory.  However, very few people know what that looks like.  Even fans of the music don't necessarily know how the band dresses.  We did it anyway, and were very happy with our thrift store finds.  However as expected, no one got it.  Talk about disappointment. Take a look and see if the resemblance is noticeable





Angus Young (lead guitar) and Brian Johnson (lead vocals)

And the real deal:





Also on this wonderful Halloween weekend, Evan took the GRE (which put a stop to the crazy studying and sleep schedule).  ANd he did a great job too!  He had hyped himself up into thinking he wouldn't be able to get a decent score in the slightest, but he ended up with one that is competitive enough he has regained confidence in his choice of programs (he also relized in the shower the next day that he added wrong and in fact has 30 points more than he originally thought).  Though I'm still not sure I want to live in the midwest (even though that looks to be where the majority of his chosen programs are), I am sure proud of Evan!

No comments: