Pages

03 January 2011

The holidays, the end of the year

We had a great first Christmas together, and first New Year's!

For starters, we had some errands to run on Christmas Eve- Evan had a meeting with his research professor, and we volunteered to clean his Grandma's garage in preparation for Christmas Dinner.  I was all proud of myself for being festive.  I put on a green corduroy jacket, pulled out a red shirt for Evan, and put on red shoes.  I was showing Evan and he started laughing.  I had put on two different shoes without realizing it.  I would have left that house that way too had Evan not said anything.

 Our lovely tree,  it was simple and quick Christmas morning!
 Completing the collection!
Evan's new music- Johnny Cash, live at Folsom Prison.  We were listening to the c.d. on the way to Charlottesville this weekend and apparently after the wives got out of the car our friend said, "Can we listen to some real music now?" Uncultured!  (I kid!)


Christmas day was fun.  We had family time with Mom, Dad, and Abby, then went to Grandma's house for dinner and more presents with Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.  That night we continued on with the family tradition of a movie on Christmas day.  We went and saw True Grit, which was good, but a little intense for me.  I liked it, I would watch again, but I did have to hide behind Evan's shoulder at a few parts.  

Overall, it was a good holiday with great family.

No comments: