Pages

23 January 2011

Like drinking water from a fire hose

We have been keeping pretty busy, yet I never seem to have anything to update about. HMPH.

Well, I started my Student teaching and I loved EVERY minute of my first week.  It was better than I could have hoped for and all my initial fears flew out the window by lunch the first day.

I also took the VRA- ew.  It was a four hour test on teaching reading/writing skills.  I hated every minute of that.  I did however revel in the fact that I was completely prepared by VCU to pass the test, so at least I don't have to worry about that.  

Evan has two applications in and the next deadlines are coming up soon.  I am elated that we are almost done with this process.  I cannot wait to play the "waiting game."  Which really, I think will only be a couple weeks until responses start coming in.  This is in large part due to the fact that he has deadlines spread from January to March, so responses will start coming around the same time his last application goes in.

We went to the Richmond Symphony for a great date night with some friends.  They were playing with The Contours.  Now, the Contours is not a name I knew, but they were signed to the Motown label in the beginning.  So, long time ago.  They are also responsible for the hit song "Do You Love Me?"  Which I do know.  Very well.  The concert was amazing.  Motown songs in front of a symphony, all night long.  The best part is possibly the fact that one of the original members was still performing with them.  This guy had to have been AT LEAST 70 years old, dancing and doo-wopping on stage with his band members.  

We loved it.

Also, there are apparently two versions of the band touring, each having an original member with them.  

All in all, the last few weeks have been crazy busy, but every minute of it well worth the work and fun!

No comments: