Pages

06 May 2011

BURN!!

Today was field day at Short Pump, and what an event it was.  There was a dance, running of the flag, National Anthem sung by a tiny little girl, history of Short Pump, then activities like putt putt, Tug of War, relay races, and other outdoor stations.  The weather was perfect too, just warm enough you could feel comfortable in a tee, but with a breeze to cool you off and keep you from getting too warm.  With 22 kids in a class, and kids coming and going for various appointments, and leading them around the school, and finding lunches, and calling parents, I was pretty proud at the end of the day when all of the children were accounted for.  The one thing I forgot?  Sunscreen.  I thought about it as I was driving over to the school, but then thought, "Mehhh... I'll be fine."  Guess who got lobsterfied?  This girl.  My ears, my part, my arms, my nose, my chest, and my shoulders/back of the neck.  Oh, and backs of my calves.  What in the WORLD!  I thought I would get a little pink, but not this bad!!!  It just keeps getting darker and darker... I guess I will never fully understand how dependent I am on SPF 50.

No comments: