Pages

05 November 2011

Are all Arkansans this personal?

Side note before I start, Arkansas is pronounced are-kin-saw.  I'm sure you know this.  The term for people from the state, Arkansans is pronounced are-can-zans.  You might have known this too.  If not, it was an educational experience. Now on to my original thought.


Dear random person from Arkansas I met three minutes ago,

Sure, we are still kinda newly weds, we've only been married for 18 months.
No, we don't have kids yet, we've only been married for 18 months.
If and when we do plan to have kids, I promise you will not be the first person we tell.  There are at least a dozen people ahead of you in that line.
My husband is in school, I work.  In fact, I have a degree. A Master's Degree.  Crazy world isn't it?  Women going to school and then working and supporting their husbands while they go to school.  Crazy.
Yes, I nanny.  Yes, it's a big family.  Actually, it's a lot of fun.  They are well behaved and fun to be around.  And, they pay well.
Yes, I like Arkansas.  It was hot, but it cooled off and now it looks lovely outside with all the trees changing color.  Also our bowling team won the tournament last night.  The UCA Graduate students finally dethroned the UCA psychology faculty as bowling champions.

Thank you for chatting with me, it was nice getting to know you.

Sincerely,
The Andersons

No comments: