Pages

13 November 2011

Sunday

While sitting in Sunday School, the teacher was talking about a scripture story and saying something along the lines of, "They didn't get it all at once.  They didn't just wake up one morning and stop being hungry. It came little by little."
Evan then leaned over and said, "I'm still hungry."
As he often skips breakfast, especially in the pre-church scramble to get out of the house on time, I asked skeptically if he had eaten anything this morning.  Thinking, if he didn't eat anything then can't be still hungry, just hungry.
He answered, "Yes!" meaning of course.  How could I ask such a silly question?  "Oh!" I said, surprised because I didn't remember him ever stopping in the kitchen.  I was ready to drop it when he smiled and said, "Two cookies."  Of course he ate the last two cookies on the pan from last night.

See, I managed to hurt myself yesterday in a friendly game of volleyball.  So I put myself in bed for a few hours when we got back, then moved to the couch for the rest of the night while Evan cooked dinner, and dessert and worked on his schoolwork.  And since I was laid up and not planning to do any housework, the dishes sat there.  With the last two cookies out all night, making the perfect breakfast for my husband to eat while he ran to throw his wrinkled clothes in the dryer.  We own an iron, but rarely does it get used.  Another story.

And that is a typical Sunday morning for the Andersons.

No comments: