Pages

27 February 2012

Fun Stuff

Pictures of the last couple projects I did:

My Dinner Menu!


Found the board at Hobby Lobby.  I was going to use it for something else, but then that didn't work out (because I changed my mind about it at the last minute) so it sat in the closet for a few months until I had this idea.  I was very proud of it.  And I even use it most of the time.  Chalkboard paint, then I painted the designs over the chalkboard paint and then I write the menu on with chalk (but you could have made that connection I'm sure). The only thing is, the chalk doesn't write well on there unless it's big so I either have to use abbreviations for everything or pick one word to describe the meal.  Or write small and smudgy.  I think if I were to do this over I would try sanding the wood more.  It was already smoothed out, but I can definitely feel the grains when I try to write on it.   I like it though.  I am proud.


My other project that is never ending:


The Jean Quilt


I've cut up at least 9 pairs of pants.  I got through my last pair and counted, only to realize I need 12 MORE SQUARES.  That's it.  So I went back through my bag of scraps and cut out smaller squares that I can fit together.  When I made it through my scraps I needed ONE MORE.  That's it.  An eight inch square of denim.  It's not worth it to me to cut up an entire pair of pants, but I have no other choice that I can see.  I can't make it appear out of thin air, and I used my scraps up to make the other 11 squares.  So it looks like I will be cutting into another pair of pants.  I'm going to have to buy a pair though, I don't have any left to donate to the cause.  The good news is if I can find a yard sale I should be able to get them for a quarter :)

Off to pin some more, wish me luck!

No comments: