Pages

12 October 2012

The Butterfly Effect

I came home from work the other day and told Evan my day had been like Final Destination (you know, that movie where people cheat death then die anyway in freak accidents?), but in reverse.  I almost killed a whole bunch of stuff.

First, I was driving down the road on my way in to work and butterfly got caught in my windshield wiper.  I watched it die as I sped along, trying to free it by turning my wipers on.  That was not a good idea by the way.

Then, there was a turtle crossing the road that RAN into my lane as I approached.  I swerved and missed.  This happened two more times before I got to work.

THEN as I was leaving, I saw some dark shape coming from the tree that hangs over the road.  I thought a crow was diving to grab something.  Turns out, a squirrel FELL OUT OF THE TREE.  Had I not slowed down on a hunch, it would have landed on my car.  I have no idea what happened to it, I guess it was fine because it wasn't on the road as I drove off.

Then another turtle.  I see an awful lot of turtles crossing the road on my drive, but four in one days was an all time high.

And that is my day of bring death or near death to an assortment of wildlife critters.

No comments: