Pages

02 June 2011

The Andersons go outdoors!

Memorial Weekend means a three day weekend which of course means camping!  I hadn't been camping in years, but I sure did love every minute of it.  We went with three other couples and I had a blast with everyone, I hope everybody else did too!  Saturday was spent mostly in town (see my post "Year One" for details) and then Saturday night we watched a bluegrass band perform at the visitor's center for the campsite.  It was ... excellent.  Evan especially enjoyed it- I think his exact words were, "I would trade in my PhD to play banjo for a bluegrass band."

Sunday we hiked, and it was a toughie!  It was well worth it though, we got some beautiful pictures, which only capture a part of what it really looked like.  It was amazing.

 So foggy!  Candice needed a little rest after getting to the top, it felt good up there though, fresh air, calm breeze, ahhh.

The men posing atop some more rocks


The lake across from our campsite, and then of course we had to pose all muscly... yeah!



Then we went to the 'swimmin hole' as Evan called it and swam in the river, played bocci ball, read, and just relaxed.  I great activity to cool down after a long hike!


There were cows in the river, just cooling off.




Then we washed off in the river.  Of course, I had the camera so the men got their pictures taken.  All in one kids shampoo, conditioner, body wash makes for a great river bath! And it was COLD! But felt so good after being extra sweaty.



Camping was so much fun!  I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: