Pages

09 June 2011

Pressing Forward

After some serious consideration, and lots of talking, and crying (on my part, oh to be a woman) we decided to change our move date.  By a month.  So we'll be heading south in a few weeks.  Abandoning everything we have here in hopes of setting up some roots down in Arkansas.  Evan says it isn't abandoning, it's moving on, letting go, starting something new, but it felt strange for me.  I had commitments, and plans, and a timeline I could deal with.  A slow, easy pack up, a few more months to see my friends and say goodbyes.  And now I am down to what, 9 days?  Now that we've both quit our jobs the announcement can be official.  Of course, we told our FHE group on Monday, barely a full day after the decision was made.  As the days go by, I feel better and better about the decision.  I'm grateful to the priesthood holders in my life for helping guide our little family in finding the right path for us.  And you know what? Evan was right, we aren't abandoning our lives in Richmond, we are changing them, moving them to Conway and making the best decision for our future.  The sooner we build our foundation, the sooner we can add on accessories.

Notice the new blog title?  'AR we there yet' seemed like the easiest way to play off of Arkansas, and it also reflects that this is just another temporary phase of our lives.  The newlywed phase, isn't forever.  Graduate school, isn't forever.  Moving around from apartment to apartment to house to house and state to state, isn't forever.  One day we will find permanence- until then, we are enjoying the journey!

No comments: