Pages

27 June 2011

Whistle while you work

It is very hot in Arkansas.  Upper 90s everyday, and HUMID.  Delicious.

Us Andersons have committed to not watching television / playing Wii until after 8pm to help us be more productive and proactive in getting things going here in Arkansas.  For the first couple days that was fine, we had a lot to do.  Now, not so much.  Even if we each spend an hour every morning filling out applications, then an hour to clean the house (which isn't big enough to take an hour) we are done by noon.  Because the sun rises at 5:30 right into our bedroom.  So we are up by 6.  Take a nap at noon, wake up at 1, then what?  We are definitely running out of things to do.  And we can't get a library card until we get mail here... soooo yup.  Luckily, Evan can check books out at school, but he can't get his student id until he registers for classes, and he can't register for classes until his adviser does something, and so we are waiting. 

And then I got yet another e-mail today telling me I had not received a teaching job.  I'm pretty sure that takes me up to 14.  They are all from the same district, so I suppose they are still working on interdepartmental transfers, but I'd rather not be notified that I didn't get every. single. position. I applied to.
Oh well, such is life.

There is a plan in store some where and I'm sure we'll begin to see it soon!

No comments: