Pages

03 March 2012

If I could do it all again... I wouldn't

My super cute SIL just got engaged!
We've known it was coming pretty much the minute she got back from her mission.  Gosh, my MIL started gathering ideas at her halfway point.  Actually, she mentioned booking the DJ from our wedding for Sara minutes after he left our reception.  (She was barely out of the MTC!)  Anyhow... It all happened on Leap Day, which is pretty fun I think.  A day that only happens once every four years, makes for a unique story.  And I am beyond excited for her.  I was looking around on Pinterest (as I like to do on Saturday mornings, or any other time of the day, on any day) and noticed she had pinned a lot of Grey & Yellow.  So of course I asked Evan about it, and he confirmed that in fact she has picked those as her wedding colors.  It took me months to figure out colors (ok maybe not months, we were only engaged for four months, but it did take a while) so, if you are reading this, I am proud of you Sara.  Way to make decisions girl!  I sent her a quick text to tell her I like it, and after a little messaging decided I will go ahead and start pinning things for her to look through.




Is this good for me?  Probably not.  I am sure this will get out of hand at one point, but it is fun.  I did the whole wedding thing once, and I don't think I would want to do it again (plus, I intend to stay married for forever, so I won't need to do it again).  It was a little high stress in the end there (the week leading up to it).  However, I feel like with my knowledge (or really experience, I don't know if I learned all that much) I can help out a little and try to relieve some of the stress early on.

Here is the thing- planning the wedding is fun in the beginning, then it gets a little crazy but still fun, and then the wedding comes and nothing goes how you thought it would, (like, your parents get lost going to the reception, there are multiple spelling mistakes on your announcements, your photographer never sends you the pictures AHEM).  So it is important to stress early on- some things will work out, and some will not.  Decide ahead of tiem which things are VERY important and work on those the most, let the other stuff slide off.  Because two years later all you will remember is sitting in DC traffic for four hours in a wedding dress driving back from the ceremony and being so crazy happy you could explode.  It's one day in the journey of your marriage, so don't sweat it!  But looking at pictures and imagining things is so much fun, I would do that part again for sure!

Evan's cousin (who is close to Sara's age) is also getting married this summer. So, Elizabeth if you read this, I offer the same to you.  I will channel my pinterest addiction to aid you in the search for the perfect items- Just let me know the details!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OH Yes please!! I'm looking for coral colored bridesmaid dresses and decorations!

Lildonbro said...

Elizabeth!? You are getting married too? Crazy!

I have already told my sisters they are in charge - so I have no clue what my "colors" will be - but I'm impressed that Evan knew they were his sister's colors.

Unknown said...

Evan pretty much picked our colors... haha! I was more concerned with other things... like my dress and the cake. And shoes.