Pages

26 April 2012

Inez Mae (Dressen) Trimbo

My grandmother was an amazing woman, and she left behind a great impression on those who knew her. Today marks 2 years since her passing, and I just wanted to take a quick moment to think about her and acknowledge all she did for me.  One of my aunts wrote in her obituary, "If love were measured in cookies and quilts, we were all well loved."  Birthdays and every major holiday we got cookies.  At major milestones we got a quilt.  When I called to tell her Evan and I were engaged she said, "Yeah, I know.  I've been working on a quilt for you."  I don't know if it was her 89 years of experience (raising 11 kids, 23 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren) that led her to know this was coming, or just one of those quirky things where she thinks someone told her something, but really it didn't happen (if ever a rumor was going through the family about you, 99% of the time it could be traced back to Granny).  Either way, she made us a quilt for our wedding before she passed.

I have many pleasant memories from my time with her, and will hold them close to my heart.  I am so grateful to have had her in my life, and glad Evan got to meet her before she passed.



I love you, Granny!

No comments: