Pages

27 April 2012

The Jean Quilt- Phase 2

I decided to make up phases for this quilt.  It makes it feel more important.

Phase 1 was the cutting and organizing of the squares.  I finally finished that.

Phase 2 involved sewing the squares into 3x3 blocks.  I chose to do it this way (1) it seemed more manageable to make small sections rather than go row by row and (2) I felt like it.

After the first row of blocks was finished

Phase 2 has now successfully been completed.  And I am sure Evan is glad to have the living room back :)
All the blocks nicely stacked together... and my foot apparently snuck into the shot  haha.

Phase 3 will be sewing the 9-blocks into corners (yup, my quilt is a square... oh well.) Here is a photo journey of Phase 3 part 1:

 Four 9-blocks...

 Made into two columns...

Then sewn up the middle!

One down three to go! Then it will be on to Phase 4, sew 'em into one blanket.  

No comments: