Pages

21 April 2012

Edna

If you have been following along, you will remember we discovered something living in our laundry room around the holidays.  After Christmas, we determined it was a bird and named her Edna. For more details, check out:  The Story of Edna.

Once winter passed and summer came, (About mid February), she was gone.  We really hadn't heard from her in quite a while.  Then last week I came home and Evan said, "Edna's back."  And so she is.  I'm not sure how I feel about Edna.  On the one hand, she isn't really doing anything but chirping.  On the other, wild animals carry all sorts of fun germs and such- do I really want her in my house?  Plus, the big tube thing (real technical here) that carries the warm air from the dryer to outside, is pretty ripped up.  So when we run the dryer all that warm, humid air blows right into our laundry room.  When it was cold, that wasn't so bad.  It heated up our house nicely.  But now the weather is getting warmer (thank goodness Spring came in March and intercepted summer for a while longer) and I don't want all that hot air blowing into the house.  And we keep our printer and paper and other things in the laundry room (it's a big room) and I know that can't be good for the printer.  Back on the first hand though, it's kind of fun to hear her chirping along while I go about my business in the house.

Someday this may be resolved, but that would require a more attentive landlord.  Seeing as we've had Edna since Thanksgiving and a leaky sink since we moved in, I don't see that happening in the near future.


No comments: