Pages

04 January 2012

2011

Well good-bye 2011!  Here are the top ten for the Andersons (in no particular order, somewhat chronological):


1.  I student taught and had a blast! Then got this awesome goody bag.

2. VCU went to the final four! (Our final four pizza)

3. Evan got accepted to grad school! (A drive-by shot of the campus on our first visit)

4. We found a cute kitty!  We ended up leaving her with a new home (the neighbors adored her).  It wasn't practical to take a new kitty with us when we didn't even have a home yet.  She sure was cute though.

5.  I graduated!! FINALLY!  It was glorious.

6.  We celebrated our first anniversary!  Go Anderson's!

7.  We moved!  Goodbye Richmond, VA, Hello Conway, AR!

8.  I got a job as a nanny.  (no picture for that one, apologies)

9.  Evan started working on another research project, and then was invited to be second author!  This is a huge honor for him.  And this is the mascot we created.

10.  We went cruisin, then to Washington, for an epic Christmas vacation.


2011 was good to us.  I feel like I've been hearing too many people upset about the past year and giving it the boot with a 'good riddance' attitude, but I am happy with the growth our year gave us.

Some goals for 2012:

* Exercise more
     -I've noticed my pants have been a little tight the last few months. I'd like to fix that.
* Plan weekly menus
     - I do this about once a month.  My end goal is to do it every week, but I'll start with aiming for two                   weeks in a row.  Eventually I will be able to do it every week.  But until then, one week at a time.
* Budget
     - We've actually been pretty good about this.  Better than in the past (Adding Evan to my life has helped), but still something to improve on.
* Enjoy life
     - I'm a generally happy person, but somedays I think, "Man, Arkansas. Good things we'll be gone in five years."  So I need to find a way to get more involved with life here, and not think of it as so temporary.  It's not a bad place, I just was very happy with life in Richmond and decided to be bitter about the move at first.  It is wearing off though, so this should be an easy goal :)
* Scripture Study
     - Alway room for improvement in this department.

Pretty generic, yup.  But we all have things we need to work on, and who really gets better at it in one year and doesn't need any more practice or motivation?
Here's to a great 2012!

No comments: