Pages

03 January 2012

Anderson Super Vacation: Part 2

The West Coast.

After our wonderful cruise, we drove back to Arkansas, then took a nap, a shower and drove to the airport so we could fly to my family.  It was great to see everyone again and be in my hometown.  I forgot how much I can love the PNW!  Again, the highlights:

 We took Evan to Seattle where he saw things such as Pike Place Market, the Flying Fish Market (inside Pike Place), the original Starbuck's, The Space Needle, The Experience Music Project museum, and other fun things.  





 See?  Space Needle 



 The fountain in front of the Space Needle.  A big tree made of lighted balls.

With Dad


 With Mom.


 We also went to the Tillamook Cheese factory.  And ate cheese.  And watched people cut cheese.  And pretended to drive this cheese van.



 And pretended to crash the cheese van.



 Evan's first visit to the Pacific.  Two thumbs up for epic waves in the rain!



 Cold, wet, rainy.  A perfect introduction to the Northwest.  



And Evan learned that my love for popcorn is a family thing.  And my batches are like kids meals compared to my brother.  He makes them by the bagful.  As in, that paper grocery bag is full of popcorn.


All in all, a good second half to the trip.  Evan did spend about a day and a half in bed sick, but it was still enjoyable.  He got to play Playstation with my brothers and loved every minute.  I am pretty sure he has had his eyes opened to the beauty of Washington (And Oregon) and wouldn't mind another visit back soon.  In fact, I know he wants to go back to dig up some razor clams during the season.  So keep an eye out for us Washington!

1 comment:

J, K, L, and D said...

i knew we were friends for a reason. i do love me some popcorn. a lot.

p.s. happy bday to both of you! and happy new year too.
p.p.s. i had never heard of pink martini, so thanks for the link. me likey.