Pages

04 January 2012

Quarter Century

So, I turned 25.  And as promised, I got to celebrate for a whole week. (See the recap of Evan's 25th)  It was a little broken up because of all the traveling, but still fun.  It all started one week before my birthday, while we were on the cruise.  We celebrated a week early by telling the waitstaff so they sang to me, I wore a napkin on my head, and then I got a cute bracelet from Evan's parents.  When we got home, there was a big box delivered fresh from Target waiting for me, and I got to open it :)  Evan bought me a sewing machine.  I've been asking for one for months and now I have one!  Now I just need to learn how to use it.

On my actual birthday we were in Washington and my parents took me out to Blind Onion pizza, a fave, and Evan and I went shopping.  My grandpa handed me some money and told me to buy my own present, so I bought a purse!  I haven't used one in a while because I haven't had one I really liked, but now I do.

On the flight back, I got to meet the pianist and lead singer form Pink Martini.  WOOOOOO!!!!!!!  I saw Thomas Lauderdale just standing there and I said, "Evan, I think that's the guy form Pink Martini!"  So I googled him on Evan's phone and sure enough, the picture matched.  So Evan walked up (cause I could never do that, and he is a good husband) and said, "Are you Thomas Lauderdale?"
"Yes, I am."
"From Pink Martini?"
"Yes."
"This is my wife, she's a huge fan.  Do you do autographs?"
Then he started looking through his bag!  I was all ready to have him sign, like, my planner.  Or my boarding pass.  But he pulled out a cd, unwrapped it, then signed it!  Then he said, "China (as in China Forbes) will be here soon, she's shopping."
Sure enough, she walked up, and she signed it too!  It was amazing.  Just Amazing.

Then we celebrated my birthday, again, in Conway, one week after my birthday.  Just a friendly get together at a restaurant with some friends.   So really birthweek was stretched out over almost two weeks, but I still enjoy having the whole elongated celebration.

Happy 25th to me!

No comments: