Pages

20 January 2012

Birthday Songs

I wanted to know the #1 song on the day I was born, but I didn't want to go through all the Facebook requirements to find out (fill out a survey, give them all your contact info and receive spam messages for the rest of your life, etc.), so I googled it.  I found this.  It's so easy to change the year, that Evan and I started looking up the whole family.  Interested?

Mine: The Bangles Walk Like An Egyptian
Evan: Madonna Crazy For You
To which he said, "Come ON!  Are you kidding me?"  He apparently wasn't pleased with that song.

The Diva:  Gloria Estefan Coming Out of the Dark
The Executioner: Poison Every Rose has its Thorn
The Mechanist, MD: Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder Ebony and Ivory
The Strategist: Stevie Wonder I Just Called to Say I Love You
The Tycoon: The Everly Brothers All I have to do is Dream
The Boss: Jimmy Dean Big Bad John

We were, less enthused, for the new generation upon learning the songs the day they entered our world.
The Muscle: Chris Brown feat. T-Pain Kiss Kiss
The Face: Katy Perry Teenage Dream
This then led into a long rant from Evan about how in the WORLD did Katy Perry beat  MJ's records for #1's
from one album?  KATY PERRY.  Ridiculous.

The on to my side!
 Dad:  Paul Anka Diana
Mom: The Beatles Love Me Do
Middle Child: Janet Jackson Miss You Much
Youngest: Surface The First Time

This was a fun activity for us to do on a Friday morning. And I got to remember some good songs, some I was okay with forgetting, and hear some I hadn't heard before.

No comments: